Eyelid Lifts in Plainsboro and Monroe, NJ
How Will an Eyelid Lift Help Me Look Better?
Undergoing an eyelid lift surgery can help enhance your appearance in several ways:
- Elimination of Sagging and Excess Skin: As we age, the skin around our eyes tends to lose elasticity, resulting in sagging or drooping eyelids. This can create a tired, aged, or even sad appearance. An eyelid lift removes the excess skin and tightens the remaining skin, resulting in a smoother and more youthful eyelid contour.
- Reduction of Puffiness and Under-Eye Bags: Eyelid lift surgery can address the accumulation of fat deposits or fluid retention that leads to puffiness or under-eye bags. By removing or repositioning these fat pads and reducing fluid retention, the eyelids appear rejuvenated and refreshed.
- Smoothing of Wrinkles and Fine Lines: Fine lines, wrinkles, and creases can develop around the eyes over time. Through an eyelid lift, these signs of aging can be minimized as the skin is tightened and excess tissue is removed. This results in a smoother and more youthful appearance, enhancing the overall aesthetics of your eyes.
- Restoring a More Alert and Awake Look: Heavy or sagging eyelids can make you appear constantly tired or sleepy, even when you’re well-rested. By addressing droopiness and excess skin, an eyelid lift can create a more alert and awake appearance. This can have a positive impact on your overall facial expression and how others perceive you.
- Enhancing Facial Harmony and Balance: The eyes are a focal point of the face, and the appearance of the eyelids plays a crucial role in facial aesthetics. By rejuvenating the eyelids, an eyelid lift can improve facial harmony and balance. It can help restore symmetry, create a more youthful and refreshed look, and enhance your overall facial features.
What Can I Expect During Eyelid Lift Surgery?
There are two types of eyelid surgery that we can perform to help you get your best results:
Upper Eyelid Lift:
During an upper eyelid lift, incisions are typically made along the natural crease of the eyelid, allowing us to remove or reposition excess skin, fat, and muscle. This helps to restore a more youthful, alert, and refreshed look to the eyes. Oftentimes our patients tell us their eyes look more “open”. These incisions are carefully closed with sutures, resulting in minimal scarring that is often well hidden within the natural eyelid crease.
Lower Eyelid Lift:
In a lower eyelid lift, we make incisions just below the lower lash line or inside the lower eyelid (transconjunctival approach). Through these incisions, we can address excess skin, fat pads, and muscle laxity to reduce under-eye bags or a tired appearance. The incisions are carefully closed, and any visible scars tend to be discreet or hidden within the lower eyelid.
Following an eyelid lift, you can expect some bruising, swelling, and mild discomfort around the surgical area. Cold compresses and prescribed pain medication will help manage these symptoms. It’s essential to follow the post-operative care instructions we provide, which may include keeping your head elevated, avoiding strenuous activities, and using prescribed eye drops or ointments.
Most patients can resume normal activities within a week or two, although it may take several weeks for swelling and bruising to fully subside. The final results of the eyelid lift will gradually become more apparent as the healing process progresses, revealing a more youthful, rested, and rejuvenated eye appearance.