Brow and Forehead Lifts in Plainsboro and Monroe, NJ
Why Do I Need a Brow or Forehead Lift?
There are several reasons why someone might consider getting a forehead lift, also known as a brow lift. Here are the ones we commonly see:
- Reducing Wrinkles and Lines: As we age, wrinkles and lines can develop on the forehead due to factors such as sun exposure, genetics, and the natural aging process. A forehead lift can smooth out these wrinkles and lines, giving you a more youthful and refreshed appearance.
- Elevating Sagging Eyebrows: Over time, your eyebrows may begin to droop or descend, which can make your eyes appear tired, sad, or angry. A forehead lift can lift and reposition the eyebrows to a more youthful position, opening up the eyes and creating a more vibrant and alert look.
- Correcting Brow Asymmetry: Sometimes people have naturally asymmetrical eyebrows, or can develop asymmetry due to factors like muscle imbalances or previous trauma. A forehead lift can help address brow asymmetry, creating a more balanced and harmonious appearance.
- Enhancing Facial Harmony: The position and shape of the forehead and eyebrows play a significant role in overall facial aesthetics. If you feel that their forehead or eyebrow area is out of proportion with the rest of their features, a forehead lift can help create better facial balance and harmony.
- Boosting Self-Confidence: Some of our patients choose to undergo a forehead lift to improve their self-esteem and confidence. By addressing concerns and insecurities related to forehead wrinkles, sagging eyebrows, or asymmetry, you can feel more positive about your appearance and project a greater sense of self-assurance.
Everyone’s reasons for wanting to get a forehead lift are different. Before you can truly decide if this is right for you, schedule a consultation with our team and we can discuss your goals, options, and costs. Contact us today!
What Should I Expect During a Brow Lift?
The choice of technique will depend on factors such as how severe your brow sagging is and the results you are trying to achieve. Depending on your needs, we can perform the brow lift under general anesthesia or local anesthesia with sedation. This is something we would discuss at your consultation.
After your procedure, you can expect some swelling, bruising, and mild discomfort, which can be managed with prescribed pain medication. Everyone is different, but generally brow lifts involve a week or two of downtime before returning to normal daily activities.