- Hearing Aids
- Hearing Aid Repairs and Service
- Hearing Evaluation
- Hearing Consultation
- Effects of Hearing Loss
- Informational Videos
- Hearing Loss: Hearing Device Sizes and Styles
- Adenoid Surgery
- Ear Surgery
- Head and Neck Surgery
- Parotid Surgery
- Submandibular Surgery
- Thyroid Surgery
- Lymph Node Surgery
- Cyst and Mass Removal
- More >>
- Brow and Forehead Lifts
- Chin Implants
- Reconstructive Surgery
- Revision Cosmetic Surgery
- Revision Rhinoplasty / Rhinoplasty
- VECTRA® H1
- Anti-Aging Treatments
- Chemical Facial Peel
- Regenica® Skin Care Products
- Skin Rejuvenation
- Non-Surgical Procedures
Tinnitus in Hillsborough Township, NJ
Board-certified New Jersey otolaryngologist Dr. Scott Kay, FACS, treats tinnitus for the residents of Hillsborough Township, NJ.
What Is Tinnitus?
The quick answer to this question is ringing in the ears. However, tinnitus is not classified as a standalone disorder; it is a symptom or sign of another health issue, such as an injury to the ear or hearing loss.
Causes of Tinnitus
If the throbbing accompanies the ringing, there may be a defect in the veins or arteries that feed blood to the ear. Multiple sclerosis and other neurological diseases might trigger the Eustachian tube to close and open continuously, which causes a clicking or ringing sound. Additional causes include the following:
- Overexposure to loud music and sounds
- Meniere’s disease, which is a disorder that affects the fluid flow of the inner ear
- Otosclerosis, which is a bone growth that happens in the middle ear
- Drug toxicity
Benefits of Tinnitus Treatment
Ongoing tinnitus may affect the quality of your life by preventing you from hearing other noises that occur daily. Many who suffer from this issue face a higher risk of developing depression and have trouble sleeping soundly at night. Reducing or eliminating tinnitus will restore your life to a closer to normal state.
What Are the Treatment Options for Tinnitus?
Treatments vary for tinnitus, but the most popular ones are:
- Removal of excess earwax
- Changing medications
- Wearing a special device to mask the ringing
- A prescription for a hearing aid
- Surgical removal of tumors
Contact us today if you live in or near Hillsborough Township, NJ and are suffering from tinnitus. We look forward to relieving your symptoms.