Dysport ® Treatment in Plainsboro, NJ
Are deep frown lines, crow’s feet and other facial wrinkles making you look older than you’d like? If so, you may be a good candidate for Dysport® — and Dr. Scott Kay, M.D., F.A.C.S., a board-certified otolaryngologist at Princeton Otolaryngology Associates in Plainsboro, NJ, can help. Dysport® treatments are quick and highly effective at reducing the fine lines and other wrinkles that appear on your face as a natural part of the aging process. If you’re in the central New Jersey area and are interested in learning more about Dysport® and what it can do for you, please call the office of Princeton Otolaryngology Associates and schedule an appointment with Dr. Scott Kay today.
What Is Dysport®?
Dysport® is an injectable dermal filler that reduces the appearance of fine lines, creases, and wrinkles on and around your face. Much like Botox® (LINK), Dysport® is a neurotoxin that works by temporarily immobilizing specific facial muscles. When these muscles contract – whether from smiling, laughing or frowning – they cause your skin to wrinkle. By relaxing these muscles, your skin will take on a smoother, more youthful appearance. Available throughout Europe and other countries for more than two decades, the FDA-approved Dysport® for use as a wrinkle treatment in 2009, giving U.S. consumers another safe and powerful option in the fight against unsightly wrinkles.
What Are the Benefits of Dysport®?
Dysport® is the new kid on the block in the world of cosmetic dermal fillers, but it’s quickly becoming a popular choice for patients who want to restore and maintain a more youthful appearance. Here’s why:
- Even distribution: Because of its low protein concentration, Dysport® spreads more diffusely than its older cousin, Botox®. This translates into fewer injections to cover a larger area.
- Surgical Alternative: In choosing Dysport®, you avoid the potential risks and complications associated with cosmetic facial surgery and anesthesia, as well as the often long and painful post-surgical recovery.
- Minimal Side Effects: For those who do experience side effects after their treatment, such as tenderness or inflammation at the injection site, the symptoms are usually mild and subside quickly. The vast majority of patients are able to get back to their daily activities with no interruption.
- Useful for Patients Who No Longer Respond to Botox®: Some longtime users of Botox® find that over time, their treatments become less effective because they have built up an immune response to the toxins in the injections. Dysport® is a safe and effective alternative for those who are no longer getting the desired results from Botox®.
- Cosmetic Benefits: Dysport® treatments only target the muscles responsible for those pesky fine lines and wrinkles, leaving patients with a smoother complexion that looks natural. Because no other muscles are affected, the look and movement of your face won’t change.
- Improved Self-Image: Everyone wants to like what they see when they look in the mirror. Patients who have undergone Dysport® treatments report having a more positive view of themselves after the procedure.
Is Dysport® Right for Me?
Dysport® treatments are an ideal option for most people, both men and women, who wish to restore a more youthful appearance to their face. In addition to smoothing out fine lines and wrinkles, Dysport® leaves patients looking refreshed and rejuvenated, which often leads to improved confidence, self-esteem, and mental well-being. At your consultation, board-certified otolaryngologist Dr. Scott Kay will go over your medical history and determine whether Dysport® is the right choice for you.
What Can I Expect During a Dysport ® Treatment?
Using a fine needle, Dr. Kay will inject Dysport® directly into the muscles that are causing the wrinkles and fine lines on and around your face. Most patients experience little or no pain during the procedure, although many doctors choose to use a topical anesthetic to minimize any potential discomfort. The majority of patients are able to resume normal activity immediately after leaving the office. In fact, many people schedule their Dysport® treatments during their lunch break from work. Imagine being able to kiss that furrowed brow goodbye in just one 10 to 20-minute procedure. Dysport® makes it possible.
What Can I Expect After My Dysport ® Treatment?
Although most patients feel just fine after their appointment, some people may experience slight bruising or tenderness at the injection site. These mild side effects usually subside within one to three days. You may be asked not to rub the treated area to prevent the Dysport® from spreading.
You’ll see positive results in just a few days as your muscles gradually relax. Within a week following treatment, you’ll notice that your skin appears smoother and more youthful-looking.
What Is the Cost of Dysport®?
Most patients are thrilled with their results after just one treatment. However, Dr. Kay will tailor a treatment plan that best suits your personal needs and desired outcome. The exact cost of treatment will vary based on the number of treatments necessary to achieve optimal results. At Princeton Otolaryngology Associates, we want you to look and feel your best. That’s why we make paying for your Dysport® treatments as easy and convenient as possible. We accept most major credit cards, cash, and personal checks. You can also finance your treatments through CareCredit®.
What’s My Next Step?
Call us! Don’t let frown lines get you down. Schedule your appointment today with board-certified otolaryngologist Dr. Scott Kay, M.D., F.A.C.S., to discuss how you can improve your appearance with Dysport®. Our caring and knowledgeable staff at Princeton Otolaryngology Associates in Plainsboro, NJ, will guide you every step of the way. A vibrant new you is just a phone call away. We look forward to hearing from you.
Everyone ages; there’s no way around it. But that doesn’t mean you need to be unhappy with your appearance. Dysport® has helped thousands of people look younger and more refreshed by effectively reducing wrinkles, the telltale sign of aging. Contact Dr. Scott Kay of Princeton Otolaryngology Associates in Plainsboro, NJ, today to schedule your consultation. You won’t be disappointed!